Earn up to £40k a year as one of our transport planners.
We are looking for a smart, switched on transport planner to join our general haulage team. Ideally you'll be highly motivated with experience of working in a busy transport environment planning and consolidating loads efficiently.
- Planning and routing full loads and groupage within the UK, cost effectively and efficiently.
- Securing outbound and return loads.
- Interacting with customers, providing a high level of customer service.
- Communicating with and supporting drivers and sub-contractors.
- Process and update jobs on our transport management software.
- Provide quotations to customers and negotiate with sub-contractors.
- Process internal paperwork.
What we’re looking for:
- Commercially aware individual looking to get maximum profitability from quotations and maximising vehicle earnings through route optimisation.
- A quick-thinking individual with proven ability to plan a fleet of artic vehicles and to make sound decisions under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- Able to communicate clearly with drivers, customers and subcontractors.
- Good IT skills with ability to use bespoke transport management software.
- Good attention to detail and strong numerical accuracy.
- Good understanding of driver and vehicle compliance.
An LGV licence, management qualifications and/or professional CPC would all be advantageous, but they are not essential, as we feel a thorough practical understanding of the industry and constructive attitude is more important.
Tooles Transport is a well-established general transport company operating a fleet of approximately 70 vehicles throughout the UK.
- Monday to Friday 8 am-6 pm or 11 am-9 pm (alternating weekly)
- Alternate Saturday mornings 8 am-1 pm
The salary level depends upon experience and qualification.
If this is the job for you, then fill out or application form which you can download here, or send your CV to email@example.com. Alternatively, phone 01299 254545 – option 4, for more details.